Friday, April 30, 2010

Technique: Framing your shot with angles

One thing I learned shooting stock photography was the importance of angles.  Angles help turn an ordinary picture into something different.  A simple technique is to turn your camera a little so you see lines hit the corner of your frame.  Here is a good example of lines hitting the corners of the frame.

See how the each corner has some lines being thrown at it?  It really helps the eye flow, and when you see a picture like this you say, wow, I've never really seen something like this before.  See more of my "Heart of San Francisco" pics.

Try taking a picture next time with a person coming from an angle. See how the camera was turned just slightly?  My good friend Steve (asiseeit) who is my iStockphoto mentor, helped me big time learn this easy technique.  See more of my iStockphoto portfollio.

I hope this helps you take better shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment