Monday, October 28, 2013

Where has Shelly been?

Like many blogs plagued by busyness, they die! Over the course of getting my Masters in Professional Studies from the School of Visual Arts in New York while holding a full time job left me zero time for a blog these past two years.

Now that I have finished my degree with honors, that my first group show in New York is up, and I'm one of three finalists in the 2013 Adobe Design Achievement Award student contest in the photography category, I feel like I'm ready to launch this new blog.

My vision is to help those of you who have a passion for photography and don't know what to do with it. I'm here to help you!

You ask: Shelly, why are you doing this when the competition is SO great with everyone having a camera?

ANSWER: because I believe in giving back! I don't want to be the photographer that hides his secrets but to help push you forward! I want to help change the world, and I'm not going to do it by hoarding my secrets!

So if you have any questions for my blog posts, please email me at: Studio@ShellyAu.com

Shelly Au, Katrin Eismann (Chair of the program and Photoshop Diva), Alice Kivlon:
Alice and I received the Paula Rhodes Honors Award

Tomorrow: I will talk about my group show and the amazing talent in our group show.


No comments:

Post a Comment