Monday, April 26, 2010

Where do I buy camera gear?

I get this all the time...Where do I buy camera gear, Shelly?
Here is what I do:
In the USA, 99% of the time I buy it from one of three places.
*Maybe one day I'll sign up to get perks from referring you to buy it from them.  But until then my profit is ZERO.  (Update, I just signed up!, Maybe after a year I can buy a Starbucks drink)

** I NEVER....
...buy camera equipment from local dealers like Ritz, Wolf Camera, Best Buy, or Walmart because it's just over priced.  I never never never use other online places, they can rip you off and then charge you more for the manual, power supply and so on.  I also rarely buy gear from ebay because you don't know what you are going to get.

For Used equipment:
KEH is good!
B&H Photo and Adorama are also good as well.

If you are in Asia, generally the Body of the cameras are a little cheaper HOWEVER I get all my glass in the USA.  The reason....it's just cheaper!  I always seem to find rebates in the USA, but in Asia, it's expensive.

I generally shop on Taobao.com and then find a local store and print out the add and then bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment