Monday, June 13, 2011

Never show your bad shots!

One of the things I tell new photographers is NOT to show your bad pictures if you don't want too.  Many times I get requests, "hey Shel, can you just copy all the pics to my USB drive?"  Don't worry, you don't have to edit it.  Deep inside something feels wrong within me.  I only want to showcase the pictures I love.  Also I shoot in RAW with a Canon 5D Mark II meaning that each image is about 25 MB, and the camera does not interpret the image, so if I were to give someone the raw file, it will come out bland.  So that is another reason why I don't give all my images to people.  And yes, you SHOULD be shooting in RAW is my best advice.

So bottom line, only show the pictures you love.  This young girl above, I must have shot about 30-40 pictures of her where I got about 5-10 decent ones, and about 3-5 really good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment