Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Really Nervous!

In 10 minutes, I'm leaving to take pictures of 5 people in the community for my Mid-Term Assignment.
I'm really nervous!  Why?  Because I'm engaging people and it's not me.  This class assignment of mine is really pushing me.

Yesterday I went to these people and let them know that I will be coming.  So I should not be nervous right?  But I am!

Kinda different than taking people shots from a far with a long lens.

I also asked one street vender if she has old people at her home.  That is what they call people here without being offensive.  And she said yes.  So after I shoot her making breakfast on the street, we will go back to her home to capture her mother.  As her father has already passed away.

Stay tuned for the pictures!

========
Update, it went really well.  Far beyond my expectations came out.  It was a different Shelly that showed up.  After the event I was exhausted!  But all I wanted to do was edit my pictures.  After taking 493 images in 2 hours I narrowed it down and got 21 good pictures of different people.  I'm so excited, but more importantly I was MOVED by the people and their stories.  I went to a poor part of town and it was like a HELP-PORTRAIT where I would take pictures of them and promise to bring them back the pictures.  So in 2 weeks I'm gonna make good on my promise. Can't wait to show the images.  Twelve years ago it was all farmland.

No comments:

Post a Comment