Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today's Photography Quote


Of course, there will always be
those who look only at technique, who ask "how,"
while others of a more curious nature will ask "why."
Personally, I have always preferred
inspiration to information.

-Man Ray
Questions to Ponder:
As I look at tons of images for class I say wow, how did they do that lighting something similar.  However as we edit our own photos my instructors ask "WHY" did you take that photo?  What drew you snap that shot.  THEN you can edit it to the reason why you took it in the first place.  
So as you look to editing your own photos, remember the WHY's not the how's.  As you compose the scene on your next shot, remember to ask yourself WHY you are taking your camera out.  
Some of the most powerful images are NOT technically sound.  They are blurry!  -me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment